Saturday, November 10, 2007

Check-ups!

I have been meaning to post this since wed. but we have been super busy. On Wed. Lillian and I both had dr. appointments and both went GREAT. Lillian weighs 20lbs 4 oz. (she's scrawny) which also means she gained less than a pound in the time between her 12 month check up and her 15 month check up. Dr. Resendez says thats normal though since she is a walker/runner. She also grew half an inch since her last appt. and is now 29.5 inches. which means she has grown 10.5 inches since birth. Her head is getting bigger and bigger, even her dr. laughed when she charted it. So she is in the 10-20% for weight, 40% in height and 90% for her head. Lilly also got her MMR vaccine and her chicken pox vaccine, which she did not like at all.
I also had a chance to talk to Dr. Resendez about Lilly's development. Lance and I (okay mostly it's just me) have been a little concerened, because on all the specials that are on TV about autism, they say that one of the warning signs of autism is that the children line their toys up in a straight line. Well Lilly loves to line things up, she isn't obsessive about it, but she does it. Luckily Dr. Resendez said that Lilly displays no other symptoms (like not responding her name, lack of eye contact, unable to pretend play) so she said it's more likely that Lilly is a type A personality and just likes things in order. Which makes me laugh. I am certainly not a type A, Lance for the most part is, so it's just another example how Lilly is a daddy's girl. I am so relieved though. Lance tells me that I am going to make myself crazy with all the shows I watch about autism, and I guess he's right...ugh it kills me to admit that.
So after Lillian's appointment, I had to drop her off at the new McDonald's so Lance and my mom could tag team babysit while I went to my 28 week check up. Which was relatively uneventful. I had to take the diabetes test, which meant I had to drink some super sugary drink and then wait an hour to get my blood drawn. I am also now on every 2 week appointments, which means we are getting to the home stretch. YAY!!!!! That makes me happy. I have gained a Whopping 12lbs. since I got preggers. which according to my dr. is pretty good. She says that is less that half the weight of a normal pregnancy and I am more than half way done. So she is satisfied and I am even happier.
I don't have any pictures to post yet, but I will soon. We are going to the rennisance faire tomorrow so I am sure I will have some from that.

No comments: