Thursday, September 13, 2007

Shrimp, Big Bird or Gomer the Second is now......



LUKE CORDER!!!!!




We had our 20 week ultrasound this morning and it looks like out Little Shrimp is now officially at Little Luke!



Iam really so excited. I know Lance is also. He so wanted a little boy and now boys vs. girls will be evenly matched at the Corder house. The sonographer tried to get a picture of his boy parts so we could prove it was to everyone that is was a boy, but he was playing with his junk , so we decided to skip that picture, but if that doesn't prove he's a boy I dont know what would. Every thing else looks great too. He is growing nicely and has all his limbs...so that is nice. His head is actually only 19 weeks in size and his length is 20 weeks. So he might not have a GINOURMOUS head like his sister.






Now our Name predicament....



We are debating Between Luke Benjamin or Luke Fredrick. Luke Benjamin was our original choice but I am a little hesitant to have both the kiddos initals be L.B.C., (I am already sad that our family is going to have a Lance, Lillian, Luke and Erin...I guess I will just have to go by Lerin). So anyways we started talking about other names and Fredrick was added because after a few terrifying dreams about me giving birth to twins I was worried that I would be having two babies this time. So we decided that if we were in fact having twins they would be Luke Fredrick and Benjamin George (unless they were born redheaded then we would name them Fred and George...after the weasley twins in Harry Potter)



Seriously though, Fredrick is my Grandpa Poynter's name, who unfourtunately passed long before I ever had the chance to meet him, but by all accounts he seems like a fantastic man. So Luke Fredrick stayed on the list (plus I was sad when Fred ate it in the Last Harry Potter book...). I don't know if it sounds as good as Luke Benjamin, but I have still grown attached to the name. Lance still likes Luke Benjamin. My point is, that as of right now he is Luke No Middle Name Corder. As soon as we decide on a middle name for certain I will let you know.



Iam also doing well. My BP was up today at my appt. but we are hoping it is because I was anxious about my ultrasound. So next time hopefully it will be down again. I have gained a little less that 5lbs. since I got preggers. I am REALLY excited about that, because in the weekly news letter I get it says the average weight gain at this point is 10 lbs. I am really hoping I can keep the weight gain to a minimum, that way I have an easier time loosing it all at the end...we will see.



Other than that things here are going well. Lilly is sleeping through the nights (for the most part) and she is pretty much weaned from the bottle. I don't think she has had a bottle in 48 hours. So hopefully, I can toss all these bottles soon. Our next battle is getting her to start sleeping in a big girl bed. That won't be happening for at least a week or so though. We really want to get her potty trained before her brother arrives, but I think she might be too young still....I will have to do some research on that and see. She has started talking like a Jawa from starwars or Boo from Monsters Inc....which is SUPER cute. I want to get a video of it, but everytime I try, she becomes Entralled with the camera and stops talking. ARGH!






well I have rambled enough. HUGS ERIN



Little Luke in profile.


me at 20 weeks and 1 day! at least I am gaining most of the weight in the Belly this time...

Lilly watching Thor play outside


Lilly after she got stuck in one of her toy bins....silly Lilly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't toss the bottles just yet. If Luke drops his junk long enough, he is going to need them.

Anonymous said...

awh baby shrimp!!!

Jen said...

Your belly looks awesome! As usual your pants are hanging off your ass though. Classy. :)